Position vacant - Administrative Officer in the AACB Office
The Australasian Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine (AACB) is a leading non-for-profit member-based organisation whose vision is to improve the practice of clinical biochemistry and laboratory medicine throughout Australasia. Since 1961 the AACB has supported the professional development of medical laboratory scientists and pathologists and the wider pathology community by hosting conferences, courses, webinars etc, and providing educational resources through its website. The AACB engages with Government and other Organisations to improve standards of practice in pathology. The activities of the AACB are co-ordinated by the AACB Office.
The Administrative Officer will assist in all aspects of the operations of the AACB Office, as described below. The position will be 3-days per week (7.6 hours per day, between 9am to 5pm) permanent part-time and based at the AACB Office in Alexandria, NSW, Office. The hourly rate is $31.80.
Tasks & esponsibilities
- Provide Website/IT support. Assist in adding content to the website. Assist in preparing material, sourcing information and images, and making updates to the website. Assist in resolving website issues, where possible.
- Assist in maintaining the currency of the membership database, member registers, managing new members and membership renewals, monitoring and responding to membership enquiries, managing journal subscriptions.
- Assist in preparing financial data between iMIS & Ezidebit, EventsAir & SecurePay, processing invoices and other simple financial activities and reporting duties, as required.
- Assist in preparing for scheduled meetings (including organising catering, office supplies), as required. Assist in preparing and distribution of Awards, as required. Collection of mail from post office.
- Assist with event preparation, as required.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise activities.
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision.Competent with commercial software including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams and Google drive.
- Competent in HTML.
- Experience with website Content Management systems (iMIS experience desirable).
- Previous experience with membership and event management software applications (e.g. iMIS, EventsAir).
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
Enquiries and applications (please address the selection criteria when applying) should be sent to [email protected]. Closing date for applications is Friday 7th April 2023.